Seven Myths about Education – available in March 2014
Posted on 18-06-2013
My book, Seven Myths about Education, was published as an ebook on 18th June 2013 by The Curriculum Centre. It was then picked up by Routledge, who are going to publish it as a hard copy and an ebook on March 5th 2014. Until then it is not available either as an ebook or a book.
There are a couple of new additions to this version. There are some slight alterations to chapter two, and, more significantly, forewords by E.D. Hirsch and Dylan Wiliam.
There’s a nice review of it here by Joe Kirby.
Before publication I wrote a short summary of each chapter. Here they are.
- Facts prevent understanding
- Teacher-led instruction is passive
- The 21st century fundamentally changes everything
- You can always just look it up
- We should teach transferable skills
- Projects and activities are the best way to learn
- Teaching knowledge is indoctrination